Managing Integrated Marketing Communication
Integrated marketing communication is an approach to promote products and services (brand promotion) where various modes of marketing are integrated so that similar message goes to the customers. According to integrated marketing communication, all aspects of marketing communication work together to promote brands more effectively among end-users and also for better results. Brands are promoted through advertising, sales promotions, banners, hoardings, public relations, social networking sites and so on simultaneously to increase brand awareness among potential end-users.
One of the most effective ways to promote brands is through effective communication. Organizations need to communicate well with not only the potential customers but also existing customers. Communicating effectively not only strengthens relationship with your clients but also gives organizations an edge over competitors. Remember, effective communication enables message and relevant information to reach the recipients in the desired manner. Why would a customer invest in your brand if he/she is not aware of the products features and benefits? The unique selling points of brands need to be communicated well to the end-users by effectively integrating various brand promotion tools.
Following are the various ways which enable organizations to communicate effectively with customers.
- Online Promotions
- Direct Marketing
- Hoardings, Banners
- PR Activities
- Internet, Emails and so on.
Marketers need to promote two way communication with customers. The feedback of customers is essential and should be monitored regularly, if you really wish to survive in the long run. Your customers must be able to reach you conveniently for them to develop a sense of attachment and loyalty towards your brand.
Various modes of brand communication need to be managed effectively so that similar message reaches customers. For Example if your advertisement says your products are eco friendly, the bill boards, and banners must also share the same message. The integration needs to be done smartly and effectively.
- The first step towards managing integrated marketing communication is to identify the target audience. You need to understand who all are the customers who would actually benefit from your products. Understand their needs and expectations.
- The second step is to know what you intend to communicate. No brand promotion tools would help unless and until you are really sure of what you want to share with your potential and existing customers.
- Carefully design your message. Check the content of the message, message structure, format, spellings and so on.
- The next step is to identify the various channels of communication. You need to be really careful while selecting the channel of communication so that the right message goes to the right customer at the right place and right time.
- Allocate right resources for brand promotion. Decide how much can you spend on various marketing and promotional activities. A marketer needs to wisely assign budgets for various promotional activities such as advertising, PR activities, banners and so on.
- The most crucial step is to measure the results of integrated marketing communication. Find out whether the combination of all marketing tools has actually helped you reach a wider audience and promote your brands more effectively.
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.