Features of Principles of Management
- Principles of Management are Universal
- Management principles are applicable to all kinds of organizations - business & non business.
- They are applicable to all levels of management.
- Every organization must make best possible use by the use of management principles.
- Therefore, they are universal or all pervasive.
- Principles of Management are Flexible
- Management principles are dynamic guidelines and not static rules.
- There is sufficient room for managerial discretion i.e. they can be modified as per the requirements of the situation.
- Modification & improvement is a continuous phenomenon in case of principles of management.
- Principles of Management have a Cause & Effect Relationship
- Principles of management indicate cause and effect relationship between related variables.
- They indicate what will be the consequence or result of certain actions. Therefore, if one is known, the other can be traced.
- Principles of Management - Aims at Influencing Human Behavior
- Human behavior is complex and unpredictable.
- Management principles are directed towards regulating human behavior so that people can give their best to the organization.
- Management is concerned with integrating efforts and harmonizing them towards a goal.
- But in certain situations even these principles fail to understand human behavior.
- Principles of Management are of Equal Importance
- All management principles are equally important.
- No particular principle has greater importance than the other.
- They are all required together for the achievement of organizational goals.
|Search Management Study Guide