Role of Communication and Relationship for a Healthy Organization Culture
The ideologies, principles, rules and policies of an organization form its culture. The ways the employees interact amongst themselves and with others outside the organization contribute to the culture of the workplace. The culture gives an identity to the organization and makes it distinct from others.
Communication and relationship play an important role in a healthy organization culture.
Effective communication is essential for a positive culture at the workplace. Transparency in communication is mandatory at all levels for better understanding of work and better bonding among individuals.
Culture is simply the result of the interaction amongst the employees working for a considerable period of time in the organization. A better employee relation promotes a positive culture whereas conflicts and disagreements spoil the ambience and spread negativity all around at the workplace.
Communication plays an important role in increasing the comfort factor amongst the employees and eventually a healthy culture at the workplace.
- The communication between the top management and the employee needs to be effective for better work culture. The management must clearly pass on necessary information to all the employees so that they know what they actually are supposed to do at the workplace. The employees must be very clear with their key responsibility areas for them to deliver their level best. The roles and responsibilities must be delegated as per specialization, educational qualification and area of interest.
- The employees should have the liberty to share their ideas and concepts on an open forum to come to an innovative solution benefitting all. It is essential to come to an alternative acceptable to one and all for a healthy culture at the workplace. Discussions are important before implementing any new idea.
- The consistent performers must have a say in the strategy making. Such activities go a long way in motivating the employees and creating a culture where employees stick to the organization for a long time.
- Morning meetings are essential to effectively communicate the agenda of the day to one and all. Every employee should be treated equally and no one should feel neglected or left out at the workplace. Quick feedbacks are important.
- The employees must develop the habit of using planners and organizers to avoid forgetting critical issues.
- More emphasis should be laid on written communication as compared to verbal communication as no one can ever back out in cases of written communication.
- Emails are an important way of communication at the workplace. All the employees who ought to be a part of the communication should be kept in the loop. The emails should be self-explanatory and provide common information to all.
- The superiors must be accessible to all the members and lend a sympathetic ear in cases of queries.
- Effective communication plays an important role in increasing the morale of the employees.
- The employees must avoid conflicts and disagreements at the workplace as it lead to no solution.
- Dont find faults in your fellow workers. One should be a little more flexible and understanding.
- Your colleagues can be your friends also; after all you spend the maximum time at the workplace. Dont always think that your colleagues would do harm to you.
- Avoid controversies and rumours at the workplace.
- One should always work with an open mind. Dont drag issues unnecessarily at workplace.
- Accept the challenges with a smile.
- Go out once in a while with your colleagues for dinners, small get-togethers and parties. Such activities help in breaking the ice and also promote a healthy culture at the workplace.
- Celebrate important festivals at the workplace for a positive work culture.
- Whenever possible, help your colleagues.
|Search Management Study Guide