Using HR Scorecard with Analytics to Actualize Next Generation Performance
How the Combination of the HR Scorecard and Analytics can be a Game Changer
Analytics of all types is the wave of the future. Right from Data Analytics that uses advanced forms of data analysis using large datasets and other pools of data to find patterns in the same to the Business Analytics tools that use trends and other indicators to arrive at forecasts for the future, Analytics is indeed something that represents Next Generation business practices.
Also, the HR (Human Resources) scorecard represents how the performance of employees and the HR Function, as well as the larger organization, can be optimized and be made more efficient through data-driven measures of performance and analysis using advanced forms of forecasting and analysis.
Thus, the combination of Analytics and HR Scorecard can indeed be a game changer for organizations seeking to leverage their human resources and make them more efficient in addition to tying them to the broader organizational performance.
Specific Examples of How Such Tools can be Used
For instance, the HR Scorecard typically is used to generate ROI or Return on Investment of Human Resources wherein financial and operational measures are gathered and reported related to specific employee performance and how well such measures fit in with the broader organizational imperatives.
Analytics, on the other hand, can be used in any organizational function to derive the CBA or the Cost Benefit Analysis of various organizational initiatives. Further, Data and Business Analytic tools can be used to arrive at prognostications about the future using large datasets and trends.
Taken together, Analytics tools can be used with the HR Scorecard to actualize truly Next Generation Measures of organizational performance as well as to actualize advanced forms of forecasting and measuring performance.
Indeed, both the HR Scorecard and Analytics represent the marriage of advanced forms of data and trend analysis with the scorekeeping and reporting of measures and indicators in a format based manner.
To see how this works in practice, we can take the example of the HR Scorecard measures of employee performance and how specific employees have justified the costs incurred on them with the derived benefits from their performance.
Thus, it is indeed the case that specific employees and their performance can be quantified and reported on the HR Scorecard using financial and operational measures.
In this context, Analytics using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence can be used to arrive at granular methods of data and business analytics.
In other words, while the HR Scorecard can be used to generate and report the financial and operational measures, the Data and Business Analytics can be used in such reporting of measures by preparing the necessary measures of performance in a highly granular and sophisticated manner.
Indeed, the coming together of Analytics and the HR Scorecard represents a truly next-generation method of gathering, analyzing, and reporting performance measures that can be financial and operational in nature.
Business at the Speed of Thought
Contemporary organizations need advanced measures of measurement and reporting of measures as well as need to have the ability to discern larger patterns in the datasets available to them.
In times when business trends and events change in real time and where speed and accuracy are of the essence to enable Next Generation Business Strategies, the combination of Business Analytics and the HR Scorecard represent truly revolutionary and game-changing approaches to the way in which organizations perform.
Indeed, when the current Business at the Speed of Thought paradigm demands accuracy and speed at the same time in any measures of organizational performance.
Thus, in this context, the HR Scorecard represents a novel and innovative approach to making human resources count in the overall organizational universe.
On the other hand, Data and Business Analytics represent methods that can aid organizations in arriving at macro and micro measures of performance from complex trends and events that can made as granular as possible for the micro part and as Big Picture Analysis as possible for the macro part.
Next Generation Reporting and Forecasting
Apart from this, the fact that contemporary organizations, especially in the Services Sector, count their employees as the main asset means that they need to get the best out of their employees as well as understand how well such employees are contributing to the organization. The HR Scorecard is especially useful in such imperatives whereas Analytics is useful in measuring such indicators.
Thus, while the HR Scorecard is a reporting tool, the Analytics tool is a data gathering and analysis tool that can be used to discern trends and the Big Picture. This means that when used in conjunction, the HR Scorecard and the Data and Business Analytics tools can be used to both report and forecast measures of employee performance and broader organizational performance.
Indeed, the fact that the former reports measures and the latter finds patterns in such reports means that taken together, they represent a powerful combination.
Lastly, when used together, the HR Scorecard and the Analytics tools can be used to actualize synergies and actualize efficiencies from the economies of scale.
Indeed, the fact that synergies accrue from the combination of reporting and analysis and which can drive efficiencies from scale since all employees can be covered means that Next Generation reporting and forecasting capabilities are within reach of organizations that use these tools.
In times when forecasts often fail the moment they are released, the power to measure and report with speed and accuracy is indeed an asset for organizations that seek to optimize their returns from their employees.
To conclude, using the HR Scorecard with Analytics represents a truly game-changing approach to business.
|❮❮ Previous||Next ❯❯|
- Hiring & Firing of Workers: Perspectives
- What to do if You are Laid Off from Job
- Termination and Outplacement
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.
- H R Management - Introduction
- Importance of HRM
- Scope of HRM
- Various Processes in HRM
- What is Human Resource Planning ?
- The HRM Function
- Functions of a Human Resource Manager
- Staffing Role of the HR Manager
- Role of HRM in Leadership Development
- Role of HR in People Empowerment
- Talent Management and HRM
- Management of Contractors
- Performance Management as a HR Management Concept
- Successful Performance Management
- Hiring Strategies
- Social Media Profiles for Hiring Decisions
- Importance of Background Checks
- Retention Strategies
- Strategic HRM
- Global HRM
- Personnel Management vs HRM
- Managing Employee Performance
- Performance Appraisal Process
- Performance Appraisal Interview
- Managing Employee Relations
- Employee Rewards and Recognition
- Variable Pay
- Diversity in Organizations
- Managing Workforce Diversity
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Workplace Safety Programs
- OSHA Safety Manual
- HR Challenges
- Human Resource Audit
- Hiring in Shadow of Stagnating Growth
- The Challenges of Managing Attrition
- Employee Separation Process
- Tips for Pursuing a Career in HRM
- Role of HRM in Recessionary Times
- People Manager vs. Project Manager
- Use of Contract Staff & Temp Workers
- The Necessity of Drafting Proper and Foolproof Employment Contracts
- Importance of Vacation Planning
- Hiring & Firing of Workers: Perspectives
- What to do if You are Laid Off from Job
- Termination and Outplacement
- Emotional Intelligence for Professionals
- Assigning Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs) to Employees
- Role of HR in Performance Appraisals
- HR Policies and Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook
- Managing Downsizing in Organizations
- Managing Attrition in Organizations
- Rise of the Temp Jobs and the Freelance/Sharing Economy
- What is Blind Hiring and Its Implications for the HR Profession
- How Human Resource Managers should Manage Ethical Issues and Ensure Compliance ?
- Issues Related to Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Sector
- Human Resource Management in the Times of Emerging Digital Economy
- Human Resource Management in the Age of Acceleration
- How to Manage Star Performers and High Achievers
- Actualizing a High Trust Organization
- HRM Strategies for an Increasingly Complex, Uncertain, and Volatile World
- How Human Resource Managers can deal with Difficult Employees
- Why Human Resource Management Must Change for the Coming Robotics Revolution
- How Silicon Valley Firms are Implementing Innovative Human Resources Policies
- Effective HRM Strategies to Smoothen and Sweeten the Downsizing and the Layoff Process
- How HR (Human Resources) Function Can Save Time by Automating Routine Tasks
- How HR Managers Can Help Employees Avoid Burnout and Manage Stress
- Human Resource Management Strategies to Diversify the Workforce
- What is an HR Scorecard and How it Helps Contemporary Organizations?
- How Using the HR Scorecard Creates Long Term Value for Organizations
- How Technology Can Help in Collection of Metrics for the HR Scorecard
- HR Scorecard: Aligning People, Strategy, and Performance
- How Using the HR Scorecard Can Address Organizational Dysfunction
- Human Resource Management Best Practices in Contemporary Organizations
- Using HR Scorecard with Analytics to Actualize Next Generation Performance
- How the HR Scorecard Helps Actualize Cross Functional Excellence in Organizations
- How the HR Scorecard can Help Gig Economy Firms to Manage Freelancers Better
- How the HR Scorecard Helps Organizations to Actualize Change Management Initiatives
- How Innovative HR Policies boost Employee Productivity and Organizational Effectiveness
- Changing Recruitment Strategies of Corporates and Tips to Get Hired
- What is Social Mirror and How it Determines Individual Success in Career and Life
- What Do Hiring Managers Look for in Applicants when Making Hiring Decisions
- Why the Future of Work is Virtual, Gig Based, and Cognitive and its implications for HR
- Why HR Managers Must Enforce Data Security and Information Protection Policies
- Why Corporates Must Have Wellness Managers as well as HR Managers
- What is Employee Ghosting and How HR Managers and Organizations Can Deal with it
- The Increasing Popularity of Corporate Wellness Programs and What HR Can Do
- What Experienced HR Managers Watch Out For When Recruiting Candidates
- The Importance of Data Driven Analytics and HR Scorecard Dashboards for Corporates
- What Hiring Managers Look Out For During the Recruitment and Selection Process?
- The Growing Popularity of Flex Work and HR Strategies to Deal with It
- What the Case of Amazonís AI Powered Recruitment Tool Means for Other Corporates
- Pay Cuts vs. Lay-Offs
- Game Changers or Slave Drivers? Human Resource Managers in the Gig Economy Firms
- Preparing for the Workplace of Tomorrow: Some HRM Strategies for the Digital Age
- The Managerial Challenge: Using Early Warning Systems to Spot Signs of Trouble
- Top HR Trends for 2019: Technological Convergence and Smarter HR Management
- How Should HR Managers Deal With Occupational Hazards at the Workplace?
- How HR Managers Must Deal with Legal and Regulatory Challenges in Organizations
- How HR Managers Must Address the Pay Disparities and Pay Gaps in Organizations
- How HR Managers can Make the On-boarding Process more Pleasant and Effective
- Why HR Managers Must Treat the Exit Interviews as Feedback and Learning Experiences
- The Importance of Due Diligence in Human Resource Management Processes
- The HRM Challenge: Managing the Millennials Entering the Workforce
- The Future of Human Resource Management in an Agile Driven and Automated World
- The What, Why, and How of the Difficult Decision to Fire Employees in Organizations
- How Using Blockchain Can Transform the HR Function and Change the Way it Works
- Corporate Corruption and the HRM Function: Legal, Ethical, and Moral Perspectives
- How Predictive Analytics Helps HR Managers Make Better Hiring Decisions
- Skills that the HR Professionals Need to have to be Successful in the Present Times
- The HRM Challenge: Promoting Diversity and Inclusivity in Illiberal and Charged Times
- Role and the Importance of Human Resource Managers in Recessionary Times
- How Blockchain can Help Human Resource Managers in Efficient Management
- HR Professionals and the Law: The What, Why, and How of Awareness of Laws
- Is the European Model of HRM Better than the American Model? Some Perspectives
- The Staffing Challenge in MNCs: Expatriates or Locals in Overseas Locations
- The HRM Challenge: Managing Opinionated Employees in Polarized and Divisive Times
- Why Auditing of the HR Function is Necessary and Important in the Present Times
- The Role of the HR in How Corporates Can Win (and Lose) the Global Race for Talent
- The Changing Nature of Employment and Impact on Professionals and Societies
- Fixing Fraud and Biases in the Recruitment Process and Making it Fair and Transparent
- HRM Strategies in Non Profits and How Similar and Different are They from Corporates
- Organizational and HRM Strategies for Virtual Workplaces and Remote Workforces
- The Role of Feedback in Enhancing Employee Performance and Productivity
- The Role of Monetary and Non Monetary Incentives in Enhancing Employee Performance
- Will Hire and Fire at Will Labour Laws Work in the Indian Socio-Economic Context?
- How Insights from Behavioural Science Can Help Corporates in People Management
- What is Ghosting and How it Disrupts the Hiring Process and Ways to Tackle this Menace
- How Staffing Agencies Need Better Regulation in the Corporate Ecosystem
- How Corporates Have to Let Go of Legacy Employees in an Empathic, Yet, Firm Manner
- Designing an Effective Pay and Perks Package across the Organizational Hierarchy
- Why Do Some Excel in the Interviews, But, Fail on the Job and How HR Can Fix This?
- Why Technology Can Diminish the Role of HR Function, but, Not Eliminate It Altogether
- The Challenges of Recruiting and Onboarding Remote Employees in Virtual Workplaces
- The Importance of Values in Human Resource Management in the Post Pandemic World
- Why We Need Employee Friendly Laws and HR Policies in the Post Pandemic World
- What is Second Chance Hiring and Why It Matters in the Present Times of Distress?
- Pandemic and Lay off: Putting People over Business
- The Hype and Realities of Networking in an Interconnected World and Leveraging Them
- What is Blind Hiring and How it Promotes Diversity and Inclusivity Efforts in Corporates
- What is Great Resignation? What can be done to Address the Mass Attrition Trend
- Why are American Millennials Burning Out and Quitting Jobs in Record Numbers?
- As American Corporates Order Employees Back to Office, What Are the HR Challenges?
- What Is Quiet Quitting, Why It Matters, And How Is It Impacting American Corporates?
- As Tech Firms Layoff Thousands, Is the Party Over and What It Means For Indian IT
- After Quiet Quitting Comes Quiet Hiring! What It Is, And Why It Would Be Trending In 2023!
- Quiet Hiring vs. Traditional Hiring: A Comparative Analysis and What Works When and Why
- White Collar American Workers are burning out More Than Ever! Here are the Reasons Why!
- Who are Boomerang Employees?
- Why is Everyone Talking About Artificial Intelligence Suddenly and How it Matters to All of Us?
- Heres Why Businesses in the United States are Finding it Hard to Hire Workers
- HR Challenge: Both Ageism and Youngism are Forms of Discrimination at the Workplace!