Brand Attributes portray a companys brand characteristics. They signify the basic nature of brand. Brand attributes are a bundle of features that highlight the physical and personality aspects of the brand.
Attributes are developed through images, actions, or presumptions.
Brand attributes help in creating brand identity.
A strong brand must have following attributes:
- Relevancy- A strong brand must be relevant. It must meet peoples expectations and should perform the way they want it to. A good job must be done to persuade consumers to buy the product; else inspite of your product being unique, people will not buy it.
- Consistency- A consistent brand signifies what the brand stands for and builds customers trust in brand. A consistent brand is where the company communicates message in a way that does not deviate from the core brand proposition.
- Proper positioning- A strong brand should be positioned so that it makes a place in target audience mind and they prefer it over other brands.
- Sustainable- A strong brand makes a business competitive. A sustainable brand drives an organization towards innovation and success. Example of sustainable brand is Marks and Spencers.
- Credibility- A strong brand should do what it promises. The way you communicate your brand to the audience/ customers should be realistic. It should not fail to deliver what it promises. Do not exaggerate as customers want to believe in the promises you make to them.
- Inspirational- A strong brand should transcend/ inspire the category it is famous for. For example- Nike transcendent Jersey Polo Shirt.
- Uniqueness- A strong brand should be different and unique. It should set you apart from other competitors in market.
- Appealing- A strong brand should be attractive. Customers should be attracted by the promise you make and by the value you deliver.
|❮❮ Previous||Next ❯❯|
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.
- Brand Management - Introduction
- What is a Brand ?
- Brand Name
- Brand Attributes
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Identity
- Sources of Brand Identity
- Brand Image
- Brand Identity vs Brand Image
- Brand Personality
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Association
- Brand Promise
- Building a Brand
- Brand Equity
- Brand Equity & Customer Equity
- Brand Extension
- Why Do Brands Have Extensions ?
- Brand Extension - A Success or Failure ?
- Brand Value
- Brand Value Measurement
- Brand Categories
- Marketing Career Option
- Do Brands Happen or are they Made ?
- What Do Brands Do ?
- Brand Management Challenges
- Corporate Branding - A Discussion
- Changing Profile of Brand Managers
- Branding in the Age of Information and Internet
- Tips for Successful Brand Management
- What is Perception Management and why it is Important for Organizational Success