Brand Attributes portray a companys brand characteristics. They signify the basic nature of brand. Brand attributes are a bundle of features that highlight the physical and personality aspects of the brand.
Attributes are developed through images, actions, or presumptions.
Brand attributes help in creating brand identity.
A strong brand must have following attributes:
- Relevancy- A strong brand must be relevant. It must meet peoples expectations and should perform the way they want it to. A good job must be done to persuade consumers to buy the product; else inspite of your product being unique, people will not buy it.
- Consistency- A consistent brand signifies what the brand stands for and builds customers trust in brand. A consistent brand is where the company communicates message in a way that does not deviate from the core brand proposition.
- Proper positioning- A strong brand should be positioned so that it makes a place in target audience mind and they prefer it over other brands.
- Sustainable- A strong brand makes a business competitive. A sustainable brand drives an organization towards innovation and success. Example of sustainable brand is Marks and Spencers.
- Credibility- A strong brand should do what it promises. The way you communicate your brand to the audience/ customers should be realistic. It should not fail to deliver what it promises. Do not exaggerate as customers want to believe in the promises you make to them.
- Inspirational- A strong brand should transcend/ inspire the category it is famous for. For example- Nike transcendent Jersey Polo Shirt.
- Uniqueness- A strong brand should be different and unique. It should set you apart from other competitors in market.
- Appealing- A strong brand should be attractive. Customers should be attracted by the promise you make and by the value you deliver.
View All Articles