Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing
CRM leverages and amplifies customer base of an organization through efficacious and efficient marketing. In fact CRM has brought up new dimensions in the field of marketing by significantly improving marketing functioning and execution. Intuitive CRM associated marketing strategies like direct marketing, web marketing, e-mail marketing etc. have been matured during the recent past. These marketing strategies are more promising as compared to the traditional ways on marketing as they help delivering higher-up performance and walloping business. They also help meliorating response rates in marketing campaigns, cut cost on promotions due to low asset values and provide higher scrutiny on organizational investments.
The various aspects of CRM oriented marketing are discussed below.
- Web Marketing- With the growing popularity of web, customers are tending towards web marketing or web shopping. This helps both customers and suppliers to transact in a real time environment irrespective of their locations. Some of the major advantages of Web Marketing are listed below:
- It is relatively very inexpensive as it reduces the cost for physically reaching to the target customers for interaction.
- Suppliers can reach to more number of customers in lesser amount of time.
- The online marketing campaigns can be easily tracked, traced, calculated and tested.
- The selection process of any product or brand is simplified due to proven online research and analysis techniques.
- Online marketing campaigns are more promotional as compared to manual campaigns.
- Email Marketing- Email marketing has turned out to be more efficacious and inexpensive as compared to mail or phone based marketing strategies. Email marketing is direct marketing which is data driven and leads to more accurate customer response and effective fulfillment of customer needs. More attractive features include newsletters, sending of eCoupons, eCards, provision of saving events into calendars etc.
- Analyzing customers buying behavior online- A CRM system provides a platform to analyze the customers buying behavior online. This interactive strategy provides great accuracy with high speed which includes profiling services furnishing elaborated bits of information regarding customers purchasing habits or behavior. Individualized analysis of this behavior also helps to identify to which product or brand the customers are more tended. For example an online selling website www.xyz.com can analyze the customers buying behavior by installing an in-house service with the help of a full-fledged CRM that checks what all products are being purchased by a particular customer and under which specific group they fall. This is achieved by personalized analyzing the buying history of customers in the past which predicts the future business with those customers also. This accomplishes to build a long-term relationship with customers by properly canvassing customer needs and resulting in customer satisfaction. Analyzing this particular buying behavior of customers online also helps to fix or change of marketing techniques or strategies to mould the system according to the future perspectives.
- Forecasting future marketing strategies- Down the line marketing strategies keeps on changing according to the emotional behavioral change of customers. CRM market forecasting techniques help to understand this change through regression and statistical analysis of customer behavior online. These are some complex but more accurate analysis techniques provided by CRM system which are proved to be one of best marketing strategies. This innovative approach is carried out with greater risks but is believed to outturn astonishing rewards.
- Building business impact models- It is important for an organization to have check on marketing performance regularly so that the techniques never deteriorate and always match to yield greater results. These CRM oriented models help in delivering accurate measurement of marketing performance throughout the organization and to do better every time.
These synergistic marketing strategies make a part of CRM system to develop high-end marketing business. Hence it is very important for an organization to incorporate them by carefully anticipating change, testing their performance and assembling the best possible combination of these strategies to meet the needs of the customers and maximize its marketing growth.
|Search Management Study Guide